Charity Number 800100
Available for hire at very modest rates! For further details please contact Mr Dave Francis at:
School Cottage, Kettlebaston, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP7 7QA.
The building first opened on the 2nd May 1838 as the Village School, the first stone
having been laid previously by Lady Pocklington. Mrs. Beachcroft (the Lady of the Manor) gave £10 towards the cost; also a grant of land valued at £10, and an annual
subscription from herself and her nephew (Mr. T. Beachcroft of Wiston Hal1) of £2 towards the School. It closed in 1904.
Additional period photographs are available in the "Historical Items" page of the
Millennium site, and pictures from more current events within the "Photo Galleries" section